Originally published October 30, 2018. Updated March 4, 2019 with new marketing assets. Updated October 1, 2019 with all new Lasso Healthcare 2020 marketing materials.
Lasso Healthcare has done a tremendous job with supplying plenty of MSA marketing materials for agents to use. Our in-house marketing team has also developed additional marketing materials to help you gain traction, educate consumers, and ultimately sell the Lasso MSA. These are all CMS-approved.
If you’re brand new to the concept of the Lasso MSA, you can learn all of the details by reading What Is the New Lasso Medical Savings Account (MSA)?
As a contracted agent, you have access to lead-generating materials as well as materials you can use with existing clients.
Skip ahead at any time to the following Lasso MSA marketing materials:
- Powerpoint presentation for groups and individuals
- Print ads
- Radio ad scripts
- Client leave-behind and flyers
- Billboard templates
- Social media assets
We'll also cover an important note about marketing compliance.
Lasso MSA Powerpoint Presentations
If doing a formal presentation is part of your sales style, Lasso has developed a 2020 presentation for you that will work for groups and individuals.
This presentation goes through how the MSA product works in great detail.
Lasso MSA Print Ads
Lasso Healthcare has provided us with 20 print ads: 10 for groups and 10 general ads. These ads can be used in newspapers, magazines, and more.
All of the ads in the 2020 Lasso marketing materials set provide you with options. There are several themes available for each type of ad:
- Insurance that invests in your health
- Insurance that puts you in control
- Insurance that travels with you
- Insurance that flexes to your needs
- Insurance that is new to your area
All ads contain basic information about the Lasso Healthcare MSA, such as the $3,240 deposit, the $0 premium, no networks, and more.
If you decide to do one of these ads in a newspaper, the cost is going to depend heavily on where you live and how popular the newspaper is. Even in the same city, two different papers can have tremendously different costs.
The way newspapers ads work is that you’ll likely pay for your ad to run over a number of weeks. For example, you might pay for your ad to have a 7 or 14-week run. The longer you book, the cheaper it is in the long run (generally, and yes – pun intended!).
As an example, one of the less expensive newspapers here in Decatur charges $336 for a half-page ad and $672 for a full-page ad. However, they offer a discount with a 13-week contract.
Newspapers might not be as popular as they used to be, but they’re still a particularly great way to reach the senior population. Get in touch with your local papers to get an idea of what the investment might look like for you.
You can always ask if there’s a “trial run” where you can run your ad for a couple weeks to test the waters. However, keep in mind that the more an individual is exposed to an ad, the more likely they are to take action. It’s fairly uncommon for someone to take action the very first time they see an advertisement.
We don't have any firsthand experience running ads in magazines, so if you do, please share in the comment section at the end of the article!
Lasso MSA Postcards
For agents that are accustomed to sending promotional materials via postal mail, these postcards are going to be a turn-key solution for you. There are 10 postcards total – 5 for groups and 5 for general prospecting.
The postcards provided by Lasso include the basics of what the MSA is as well as the main benefits of having it.
If you aren’t sure how to send these mailers (or who to send them to), we work with a company called LeadConcepts.
Steve Weir at LeadConcepts has told us that last year, there were several orders out targeting ages 65-74 years old with household incomes between $30,000 and $100,000 annually. The current pricing is between $460/m and $590/m depending on which mailer you choose (color costs more).
When you order your postcards, you'll be able to enter:
- The quantity you want to send
- Income range
- Age range
- Zip codes you'd like to mail
Lasso MSA Radio Ad Scripts
CMS has approved two radio scripts that you’re free to use in your marketing efforts. These are scripted by New Horizons.
It's important that you don't change any of the words in the script for this to remain CMS-compliant.
The scripts are 15 and 30 seconds long. Simply customize the ad with your phone number, and you're ready to go!
Here is the 15-second script:
“Are you Medicare eligible? Receive yearly deposits into your medical savings account every year with the new Lasso MSA. Learn more about this $0 premium plan with high-deductible health coverage and no provider networks by calling XXX-XXX-XXXX.”
And here is the 30-second script:
“Are you Medicare eligible? Gain more control over your healthcare with the Lasso Healthcare MSA. Our $0 premium plan combines high-deductible health coverage with a special medical savings account. We deposit money into your account, and you decide what healthcare services to spend it on. There are no provider networks, and once you reach your plan deductible, we pay 100% of your Medicare-covered expenses. It’s Medicare, well spent. Call XXX-XXX-XXXX today to learn more.”
If you’re interested in trying these out, get in touch with a few local radio stations. They will guide you by explaining how much it costs for which time slots, and they’ll also help you get a voiceover for the scripts.
Also, for 2020, Lasso has come out with their own radio scripts as well!
You can mix and match every part of the script, and there are 4 parts:
- Your contact info
- The close
Here's an example of one possible script:
Looking for a Medicare Advantage plan that travels well? Get on-the-go coverage with the adventure-loving MSA plan. The 2020 Lasso Healthcare MSA gives you $3,240 toward your health care. You decide how to spend, save or invest the funds. Call New Horizons today at 888-780-7676 to learn more today! On-the-go coverage. Driven by you. Supported by Lasso Healthcare. Lasso Healthcare MSA is an MSA with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the Plan depends on contract renewal.
Lasso 2020 Client Leave Behind and Flyers
Client leave-behinds can come in handy if you’ve talked about the Lasso product but the individual isn’t ready to commit yet.
The 2020 Client Leave Behind is very consumer-friendly as it explains plainly how the MSA works.
The client will understand:
- The deductible
- The deposit
- What they’d be responsible for
- How to use those MSA funds
You have the option to check off which region you’re in (which will determine your client’s deductible), and you can also customize the leave behind with your contact information.
If you have the capacity to add your own contact information, you can do it on your own computer.
If you do not have the capacity, Jason Ferguson can add it for you.
Lasso has also developed a number of flyers you can utilize for groups or general prospecting.
Instructions for customization:
The contact fields are customizable. With Adobe Reader (Adobe Acrobat not needed), simply open the file, type over the bracketed instruction areas and save your customizations. The fields are linked across the document, so you only need to enter/change the information on one page and it will automatically populate on all
other pages. Delete any unnecessary/unneeded bracketed line(s) and leave blank. You may add your logo where indicated, provided it does not impede any non-bracketed information.
While we are firmly in the digital age, traditional billboards are arguably just as effective today as they used to be.
A 2017 Nielsen study showed that 40% of people surveyed said they visited an advertiser because of their billboard. (Four thousand people were surveyed.) Twenty-four percent said they made a purchase due to the billboard.
Billboards can also be a great supplement to other advertising you might be doing. Mistie Carter, Data & Analytics Manager here at New Horizons, explains:
It can be very difficult to stand out in a crowded digital space. What makes things even more challenging is that it takes between 16-20 impressions before a consumer actually notices your brand.
By taking your message offline and using multiple mediums, such as Facebook or Google Display in addition to a billboard or newspaper ad, you may just find that over time, your digital ads have a greater impact.
You get that localized feel that a billboard brings coupled with the gentle reminder from your Google and/or Facebook advertisements.
The cost of a billboard varies depending on the city and state, the location in that area, the size of the billboard or poster, and the length of the contract.
As an example, we got some pricing from Lamar here in Decatur, IL, and here are some roundabout numbers:
- The static posters (10'6" x 22'9") are $500 per four weeks per location for the space, and $150 per poster flex.
- The digital posters are $1000 per four weeks per location.
- There are 14' x 48' bulletin locations, and they range in space cost from $1000-$1500 per four weeks depending on location and length of contract, and the vinyls are $1050 each.
Billboards are an investment, but they can be very effective. Often times, the hardest part is coming up with an effective billboard design. That's why we decided to put our heads together and develop a billboard template for our agents to customize and use.
There are some good rules of thumb to follow when designing a billboard, such as:
- Keep the message concise and quick to comprehend (drivers have about 5-10 seconds to read it)
- The length of the message should be between 7-10 words
- Use clear, readable fonts
- Choose a simple photo and a simple background that's easy to recognize quickly
- Include a takeaway, such as a website or phone number
- If possible, try to create a memorable phrase that acts as a play on words, a rhyme, or has a touch of humor
We went through dozens of mockups and ideas before settling on the following design, which has 4 variations to choose from.
The message is concise and points out some of the largest draws of the Medicare MSA. This design fits a 14x48 bulletin or a10'6" x 22'9" poster, which are the most common sizes for a billboard.
This design is meant to be customizable to you and your business, so we encourage you to swap out:
- The photo of the individual with a photo of you (not required, but encouraged)
- The phone number and website URL with yours (delete if not available)
- The logo with your logo (if you don't have a logo, the name of your agency typed out would work)
When you download the Lasso Marketing Kit, you'll have access to all of the source files, which are editable. If you're not savvy with Adobe design software, you can give the file to the billboard company, and they have designers that can easily swap out the placeholder information with yours.
[If you're contracted with Lasso through New Horizons, we will offer free customization. Just send us an email with your phone number, website (if applicable), logo, and headshot (if you want to swap out the image). You will also need to know which billboard size you're purchasing – 14x48 or 10'6"x22'9" so that we can customizable the correct file.]
Social Media Assets
If you're active on social media, a fun way to stay in front of your clients and engage them about the Lasso Healthcare MSA is to do some social posting.
Lasso has made that easy by providing content that you can just copy and paste. If you're doing a group event, there's Facebook events as well! In addition, if you'd like to accompany the text with an image, Lasso has provided us all with a lot of Facebook images to choose from. These are all available in the Lasso Healthcare Marketing Materials kit.
Here are some examples:
- If you passed on the Lasso Healthcare MSA in 2019, you’ll definitely want to take a look at the 2020 MSA. It offers a $3,240 deposit (BIGGER than last year’s) and SMALLER member responsibility amount for most! [Agent/agency can include statement(s) on how to contact/schedule and/or can include features (see end of document for available options).]
- Get the Medicare Advantage plan that doesn’t get in the way. The Lasso Healthcare MSA has no network, no monthly premiums, no copays, and no referrals or prior authorizations. It’s hassle-free coverage. [Agent/agency can include statement(s) on how to contact/schedule and/or can include features (see end of document for available options).]
Here is how to set up your Facebook Event:
- Event Type: Select Public.
- Event Host: Select your agent/agency Facebook profile as event host. Lasso Healthcare strongly recommends you do not host these events from your personal FB profile.
- Event Name (64 char limit): Lasso Healthcare MSA [name/type of event]
- Location: [Enter meeting location/address]
And here's an example of a Facebook Events description:
- Looking for a Medicare Advantage plan that travels well? Get on-the-go coverage with the adventure-loving MSA plan. The 2020 Lasso Healthcare MSA gives you $3,240 toward your health care. You decide how to spend, save or invest the funds. [You’re invited to / I invite you to learn more at / Learn more at / Or similar wording] this free [event / session / seminar / or similar wording] on [group meeting date] from [group meeting start-end time] at [group meeting location information]. Please RSVP to me, [Agent Name with/from Agency Name, if applicable], your licensed sales agent at [RSVP contact info]. The Lasso Healthcare MSA. It’s your money. It’s your choice. Lasso Healthcare MSA is an MSA with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in the Plan depends on contract renewal. For accommodations of persons with special needs at meetings call [Agent/agency phone] TTY 711.
Finally, Lasso has developed 5 videos that you can use in your advertising efforts.
Here's an example:
The videos give a quick snapshot of what the Lasso MSA is and why a consumer would enjoy it.
This is very important – if you end up customizing any of these marketing pieces, please send a copy of that to us here at New Horizons. We will then send these to Lasso so that it’s on file.
This is just an extra step we all have to take in order to remain compliant.
If you’re not yet contracted to sell the Lasso MSA product, don’t wait any longer! You can hear all about some early agent success stories by listening to one of our Lasso MSA Roundtables.
- What Is the New Lasso Medical Savings Account (MSA)?
- My Experience Selling the New Lasso Medical Savings Account (MSA) Product
- Lasso MSA Roundtable: Agents and Brokers Share Their Early Successes
- Is the Lasso MSA Better Than a High-Deductible Plan F?
- Can a Veteran On VA Benefits Get the Lasso MSA?
Not contracted to sell the Lasso product?