*Disclaimer: FOR AGENT USE ONLY - Cannot be distributed to the public or used in any customer solicitation.*
It’s that time of year again, where PDP enrollment goes wild and we all kick it into high gear. We’ve taken a look at the Part D carriers for 2018, and there are 3 that are looking really good.
- SilverScript Choice (from SilverScript)
- Humana Walmart Rx Plan (from Humana Insurance Company)
- AARP MedicareRx Walgreens (from UnitedHealthcare)
If you do plan on getting certified, these 3 carriers are going to be excellent choices for many of your clients.
A few highlights about the SilverScript Choice plan:
- No deductible
- Low monthly premium (ex: $23.40 in central Illinois)
This is probably the best plan out there, especially for someone who isn’t on many medications. The low premium coupled with no deductible will make it first choice for many of your clients.
Humana Walmart Rx Plan
A few highlights about the Humana Walmart Rx Plan:
- One of the lowest premiums out there (ex: $20.40 in central Illinois)
- $405 deductible
- Partnership with Walmart meaning huge discounts
While Humana does have a deductible, the premium is one of the lowest out there, and the partnership with Walmart makes the plan very competitive. Humana also offers two additional plans:
- Humana Enhanced: Higher monthly premium for no deductible
- Humana Preferred Rx Plan: Slightly higher premium and same deductible
The Enhanced and Preferred plans might fit a client’s drug list better, especially if they take brand name drugs.
AARP MedicareRx Walgreens
A few highlights about the AARP MedicareRx Walgreens plan:
- Competitive monthly premium (ex: $26.80 in central IL)
- $405 deductible
- Partnership with Walgreens
If your client has low-cost prescriptions and prefers Walgreens, this is a great option. AARP also has two other plans:
- AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus: Slightly higher premium, same deductible
- AARP MedicareRx Preferred: Higher premium, no deductible
These 3 plans – SilverScript, Humana, and AARP – are very reliable, year-in and year-out. While getting certified and following the rules and regulations of each company is a hassle, you can choose to be compensated for your time. These are going to be the most competitive options for this AEP.
Contact Ginny, our Contracting Specialist to get set up with these Part D carriers.
While you see your clients for their PDPs, make the most of the time. Consider going through a Client Needs Assessment during the appointment to maximize the opportunity to cross-sell. If they’ve come to you for help with their Part D plan, chances are they could use your help with their Med Supp or possibly life insurance.
You’re going to get calls, and you’re going to see existing clients. Make the most out of every appointment by helping with all areas of coverage.