During 4th quarter, you're going to be very busy seeing a lot of clients and prospects. We understand that many agents generally don't slow down to take care of anything other than the pressing Medicare needs.
That's why we've gathered up some existing – and new! – client leave behinds that you can take with you on your appointments. You can even mail them to clients if you prefer.
The idea here is that after the craziness of 4th quarter passes, you can go back to your client and address their needs, from single premium whole life to cancer to annuities and more.
Hot Topics Addressed by Client Leave Behinds
The hot areas of interest include:
- Annuities: Getting a safe, guaranteed return on your money
- Final Expense or Single Premium Life: Making sure final expenses are covered
- Life with Long-Term Care Rider: How will you pay for long-term care? How has a friend or family member paid?
- Cancer Insurance: Having coverage for indirect cancer costs
We also have a client leave behind for the 2020 Lasso Healthcare MSA, but rather than leaving it behind, it may make more sense to actually use that to assist your presentation during AEP.
Fixed Annuity Client Leave Behinds
Annuities are always a hot topic among retirees, because it's a great place to park their money without any risk. It's also a great option for those who want to roll over their retirement account (401k or IRA).
Non-Branded CDs vs. Annuities Flyer
If you're looking for a non-branded leave behind, the CDs vs. Annuities flyer our team created might fit the bill.
This leave behind gives an overview of how a CD compares to a Single Premium Deferred Annuity, and we go over the following categories:
- Safety (both are generally safe)
- Timeline/Contract Lengths (CDs can go shorter than SPDAs)
- Interest (very compelling!)
- Tax Savings (SPDAs grow tax deferred – CDs are taxable)
- Liquidity (both have surrender charges/penalties, though SPDAs often offer free withdrawals up to 10%)
- Maturity (both can be renewed, or cash can be removed after contract)
This is a great handout to go over with your client during a sales presentation, but if you're short on time or don't want to fully address that need at the moment, leave this behind. It gives your client something to look at and mull over.
Plus, this handout is customizable with your contact information, so it's easy for them to get in touch without fumbling around for your business card. (You must have at least one contract with New Horizons to utilize our marketing customization services.)
Equitable's Secure Savings Annuity Flyers
The Equitable ads are so easy to use.
The agents in our local agency use it currently as desk displays. Just print it out (or have it printed at a local print shop for a better finish), and put it in a picture frame.
When clients are meeting with you, that big "4%" is sure to draw their eye, and more often than not, you'll find that people actually ask you about it.
The flyers have bullets for:
- Strong compound rates
- No long-term commitment
- Tax deferred growth
- Only the withdrawal options you want
- Stay in full control
Even the 2-year rate is competitive at 3.10%. For clients who don't want to commit to 5 years right now, that 2-year is a great starting place.
There are 3 ads from Equitable with the same information, but each ad has a slightly different look.
Disclaimer: Rates change often. View current annuity rates on our website here. While we do our best to keep everything on our site up-to-date, if the current rates differ from the rates in the available client leave behind, please visit Equitable's agent portal.
Final Expense Client Leave Behind
We just created a brand new client leave behind for final expense agents. This is non-branded, and it goes through all the important statistics about final expenses.
This is great to leave behind, but again, it's great to use as an aid during your presentation.
Some of the topics addressed on this flyer include:
- The median out-of-pocket costs for a traditional funeral in 2017 is $8,755 (National Funeral Directors Association).
- The average out-of-pocket expenditure for end-of-life necessities is $11,618 (National Bureau of Economic Research).
- The total final expenses for the average person – including funeral costs and other out-of-pocket costs – is just under $19,000 (Data collected from National Funeral Directors Association, National Bureau of Economic Research, Tax Foundation, and GOBankingRates).
- Social Security only pays a lump-sum death payment of $225 to the surviving spouse or child (Benefits.gov).
All of these stats (and a few more) are laid out neatly, and at the end of the flyer, some basics facts about final expense insurance are shared. It's a great progression and makes the case for making sure final expenses are planned for.
Single Premium Life Client Leave Behind
When there are several companies that offer very competitive products, we love having a non-branded client leave behind available. That allows you to sell the product without focusing on one particular carrier.
However, when it comes to Single Premium Whole Life Insurance, KSKJ Life has been our tried-and-true. We love their Single Premium Whole Life Insurance flyer as it clearly outlines the excellent policy features:
- $10,000 minimum premium amount
- No monthly payments – you're fully covered with one single premium
- Lifelong protection
- Guaranteed cash values and death benefits
- Issue ages 40-90
Many seniors also like the fact that KSKJ is a not-for-profit organization, and they focus on giving back to members and the community.
If you're not already offering single premium whole life... I'd strongly consider it. It's easy to understand, it fills a need for your client, and the comp is very compelling.
Life with Long-Term Care Rider Client Leave Behind
The need for a long-term care plan is critical, but we all know that traditional long-term care insurance isn't as feasible as it once was.
Many insurance carriers have stopped offering the product altogether. If your client does apply, there's about a 50/50 chance they're approved, and if they do get the product, rate increases can really take a toll on their finances.
We love a life with long-term care option, because it takes away most of those issues and the best part is that your client knows the benefit will be used. Either they'll get long-term care benefits while they're living, or their beneficiaries will get the death benefit when they pass. That's a lot of peace of mind.
This client leave behind goes through all the important stats and facts with an emphasis on how life with long-term care can be a great solution.
Stats mentioned include:
- There is a 68% chance that a senior over the age of 65 will need some kind of long-term care (AARP: A Report to the Nation on Independent Living and Disability).
- The average amount of time a person will spend in a nursing home is 3 years (American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance).
- Projections estimate that 20 years from now, a 3-year stay in a nursing home would cost $554,256.
Once again, this handout is great to leave behind, but it's also great to assist you during a presentation for the product.
Cancer Insurance Client Leave Behind
The cancer insurance handout answers the question "Why is cancer insurance important?"
All of the statistics are up to date (gathered 2019) and are taken from reputable sources like the American Cancer Society, the National Cancer Institute, and the Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine.
This "Why Is Cancer Insurance Important?" client handout outlines every facet of your presentation:
- The real risks of cancer
- How Medicare handles cancer costs
- The truth about indirect cancer expenses
If you don't have time to tackle cancer insurance during your appointment, this is a great handout to leave behind with your client. It will certainly get them thinking, and as usual, this non-branded handout is customizable with your logo and contact information.
2020 Lasso Healthcare MSA Client Leave Behind
Since clients can only enroll in the Lasso Healthcare MSA during AEP or during their ICEP, you may choose to use this handout as a presentation aid.
If your client is interested in the idea but doesn't want to commit to it yet, it's always nice to have something you can leave behind. In that case, this client leave behind is perfect!
It's updated with 2020 information and helps clients visualize how the product works.
The handout covers the following:
- High deductible plan with a special medical savings account
- Funds roll over each year
- Only Medicare Advantage plan that gives you money
- No networks
- Tax-free expense coverage
- Earn up to $250 in gift card rewards
- How your MSA funds can be used
- $0 premium
- $3,240 deposit
- $7,400-$9,400 deductible depending on your region
It's basically everything your client needs to know about the plan, plus you can check off which region your client is in before you leave it behind.
Use Client Leave Behinds to Help You Cross-Sell!
Particularly during 4th quarter, the last thing you want to do is stretch out an appointment and cover new products with a client.
Client leave behinds such as the ones we've gone over in this article are the perfect tool. They not only give your client something to hold, but they allow your client the time to digest the information.
That's why the statistics on the client leave behinds are so helpful – they allow your client to go back and retain that information, because chances are, they forgot whatever you said during your visit.
If you want any of the in-house leave behinds customized, be sure to get in touch! (Instructions will be in the email after you download the handout.) Remember that you need to have at least one contract with New Horizons in order to utilize our marketing customization services.
Thanks for reading, and good selling!